Support staff are an invaluable resource and absolutely key to the provision of high-quality services for people with learning disabilities or autism. Indeed without dedicated, motivated and skilled staff, there would of course be no services to provide.
Steven Carnaby Associates Limited believes that when staff feel valued and nurtured and are given the skills and knowledge they need to support people well, they are more likely to feel able to put their training into practice and take pride in the important work they do.
Training is available in the following areas:
- Understanding learning disability
- Understanding autism
- Working with people with profound and multiple learning disabilities
- An introduction to Positive Behaviour Support
- Working with people with learning disabilities who have mental health problems
- Effective assessment skills
- Carrying out capacity assessments
- Person-Centred Active Support